Download latest Christmas songs from virtual sheet

Christmas Sheet Music to download instantly

Monday 19 September 2016

See the graduate who impersonated and defrauded Bishop Oyedepo and others


Jehu Kwasu, a Political Science graduate has
narrated how he defrauded prominent Nigerians of
millions of naira, impersonated the Catholic Bishop
of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Matthew Kukah and
even his own father who was a bishop.

Jehu said his victims included Bishop David
Oyedepo of Living Faith Church Worldwide, who he
claimed gave him N500,000; the Chairman,
Honeywell Group, Oba Otudeko, N1m; Admiral
Ndubuisi Kanu, N500,000; businessman, Alhaji
Aminu Dantata, N2m.

He said, “I collected N500,000 from Otudeko, CEO,
Honeywell: From Admiral Kanu, I got N500,000. I
also got N500,000 from Bishop Oyedepo and N2m
from Dantata. I also got money from Gen.
Wushishi and others."

“I opened a Guaranty Trust Bank account in Bishop
Kukah’s name. I registered a SIM card in my
name, but used Bishop Kukah’s picture on my
True Caller account, so that when I call, his picture
would appear (on the recipient’s phone.)”

Kwasu, who is serving a two-month sentence in
the Keffi Prison, admitted on Friday in Abuja that
he realised over N5.7m.
Police sources said only N1.7m was found in his
bank account, adding that the suspect spent most
of the money he made on girls and hard drugs.

It was gathered that Kwasu, the son of late
Anglican Bishop, James Kwasu, also exploited his
father’s name, to extort money from the Katsina
State Governor, Aminu Masari, when the latter was
the Speaker, House of Representatives.

The 25-year old explained that he defrauded his
victims by soliciting money on phone to cater to
IDPs in the country.

The cleric’s son stated that he obtained a passport
with the name, Mathew Hassah Kukah Jehu, and
also opened an account with the GTB in the same
name.
He said, “I called people on the telephone and told
them I was Bishop Kukah. I used his picture on
my True Caller account, so that when I called
people, they would think he was the one talking
with them.
“I also obtained a passport in Bishop Kukah’s
name which I used to open an account with GTB.

The money I realised was paid into the account
and I used an Automated Teller Machine card to
withdraw it.”
According to Punch, Kukah was alerted to the
scam by some people close to him.

The cleric was said to have petitioned the police,
which asked the bank to place a “no debit order”
on the account.
Following his inability to withdraw from the
account, Kwasu was said to have visited the bank
to complain, where he was arrested.
Findings indicate that Kwasu had earlier been
arrested and remanded in prison for impersonating
Bishop Steven Akobe of the Anglican Diocese of
Kabba, Kogi State, but was granted bail.

The police said Kwasu had also attempted to extort
money from Senator David Mark, claiming to be
Akobe.
“ Mark said I should come for some money, so I
sent my girlfriend. But she was arrested and I was
taken to court and sentenced to two months
imprisonment or N9,000 fine,” Kwasu stated.
It was gathered that the suspect, who had two
female siblings, sold his deceased parents’ house
in Kaduna for N10m and lavished the money on
girls and a profligate lifestyle.

The Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of
Police, Muhammad Mustafa, stated that Kwasu was
arrested by the men of his command, after Kukah
complained about his activities.
The CP said, “We received a petition from Bishop
Kukah alleging that the boy had been
impersonating him and extorting money from
prominent people. So, my men went to work and
were able to track the suspect and arrest him. He
is a habitual criminal and I would like to advise the
public against responding to emails or phone calls
from unknown persons requesting financial support
for one cause or the other.”
Mustafa also called on the public to report every
suspicious phone call and email to the police for
investigation.


No comments: